Gyan Ganga Institute of Technology & Sciences, Jabalpur successfully organized MP State CSI Student Convention – 2017 during 16th – 17th Feb 2017. The two days convention witnessed huge student participation from different colleges and Universities of the state.
The Inaugural of the convention held on 16th Feb 2017 with Chief Guest as Shri. Sapan Kumar Bose Retired CGM, BSNL Jabalpur. The function was presided by the Er. SHRI D. C. Jain, Chairman, Gyan Ganga Group of Institutions, Jabalpur. The guest of honour was Dr. Maneesh Choubey, Chairman CSI Jabalpur Chapter and Dr. Rajneet Jain, Secretary, Gyan Ganga Group of Institutions, Jabalpur. Dr.Vinod Kapse, Principal GGITS, Dr. R.K. Ranjan, Principal GGCT accompanied by the respective head of various departments inaugurated the convention by the lightning of lamp.
The CSI state student convention hosted 5 events. They are:-
- Web Designing – Web designing contest was held on 16th Feb, in CL-9 Central lab. The purpose of this event was to enhance and honour excellence in the web profession. The contest empowered skills like creativity, technical proficiency and branding.
- Android / Mobile App Development –– This contest was held on 16th Feb, in CL-10 Central Labin parallel with Web designing contest. This competition was for novel and innovative mobile application utilizing computer architecture. It was intended as a platform-neutral Contest.
- ICT Quiz-Information and communication technology (ICT) contest was held on 16th Feb, in CL-8 Central lab. The purpose of this quiz was to make aware students about the wide usage of Information and communication technology nowadays.
- Code Debugging/Software coding Contest– This contest was held on 17th Feb. in CL-7 lab. It provided a cooperative and competitive environment to evaluate and enhance coding skills in today’s competitive world.
- IoT Workshop– An informative workshop was scheduled on 17thFeb. in seminar hall (010) by Mr. Hemant Sharma from VNURT Technology, Bangalore.
Participants—– The two day fest received massive and enthusiastic interest from students of 8th and 6th semester who showed up in great number and competed among themselves to win the title
For the following competitions held under the banner of Digital Zest 2017 following are the winners:
First- Sanil Sharma CSE 8th sem
Second- Abhijeet Shrivastava and team CSE 8th sem
Third – Sparsh Dubey and team CSE 8th sem
Android app development:
First- Anshul Verma & Dravi from CSE 6thsem
Second- Ritwik Shrivastava, Sakshi Singh and Yougansh Thakur IT 6thsem
Third- Amber Jain, Ayushi Sahu CSE 6thsem
First- Shreyansh Deb and team, CSE 8thsem
Second: Yougansh Thakur and Ketaki Naik, IT 6thsem
Third: Shaifali Shrivastava and Garima Sharma, CSE 6thsem
Code Debugging: Shreyansh Deb and Pratik Gupta, CSE 8thsem
Second: Romit Bhalla and Varsha Tiwari, CSE 6th sem
Third: Ashneen Kaur and Ishpreet Talwar, CSE8thsem
The whole event witnessed a participation of around 250 students.
The second day of the event (i.e. on 17th Feb.) Digital Zest 2017, the seminary witnessed the most awaiting workshop on Internet of Things by expert speaker Mr. Hemant Sharma successful entrepreneur and a pioneer in Indian IT industry.
The session was chaired by Mr. Hemant Sharma, college management including chief patron Hon Er. D.C Jain, group director Dr. Maneesh Choubey, Mr. Rajneet Jain, Dr. Vinod Kapse Principal GGITS accompanied by the Head of department CSE & IT, faculty members and students.
The room was filled with enthusiasm and zeal right from the inception of the workshop.
Speaker guided students on the diversified domain of IoT in current scenario and how quickly it is covering every aspect of life. Right from controlling household equipment’s to controlling highly sensitive military Arms.
Students were enlightened with various real life scenarios and the global market which is continuously evolving with time.
Students were delighted gaining such information and learnt a lot from the following adulating session.The session ended on a very optimistic approach where students were determined of working on IOT application utilizing the raspberry pi lab established in the campus.
The second half of the valedictory ceremony was preceded by Mr. Rajpal Singh Rathor who is the founder director of India – Speaking forum delivered a talk on innovation and creativity key for start-ups. The entire session was indeed interactive and motivating for students who gained input and inspiration to achieve grandeur in life.
Valedictory ceremony- The valedictory ceremony commenced from 3:00 pm witnessed guest lecturers from Mr Hemant Sharma and Mr Rajpal Singh Yadav followed by address speech by the chief patron of Gyan Ganga Group of Institution Hon D.C Jain sir and group director Dr Manish Choubey. The valedictory ceremony ended on a positive note with the prize distribution to the winners and give away of certificates and medals.